Written by Marili Canedo
They say that teething is an exciting natural milestone of an infant’s and toddler’s development, but lets be honest, teething is like going through the gauntlet. Your happy and smiling baby has become a fussy, inconsolable terror and you feel helpless to make them feel better. Don’t worry help is on the way.
When Does Teething Begin?
Infants begin to show signs of teething as early as three months of age and it make take months for an actual tooth to arrive.
- Drooling more than the usual
- Loss of appetite due to the soreness of their gums
- Trouble sleeping due to gum discomfort
- Constantly putting their fingers in their mouth
- Sometimes your little one may have low grade fever
What can help?
- Cool teething rings! Cool teething rings help ease their discomfort and soothes their gums.
- Gently rubbing your baby’s gums with your finger. The pressure helps ease their discomfort.
- Keeping their face dry helps prevent chafed skin. Also Aquaphor works great to keep the face dry as well.
- Cool pacifier help numb their gums.
- Soft cool foods such as yogurt and natural applesauce will help ease achy gums.
- Do you have a Sophie Giraffe? She is chewy, squeaky, and can be frozen. Most kids love this teething toy and her squeaks are much better than your little one’s screeches. 😀
Remember patience is what teething babies crave. There is no set date nor time for your baby’s teeth to all blossom so be patient and don’t forget to provide lots of snuggles and kisses for your little one.
We have started a Kindness Matters Club to encourage kids to focus on how they treat their peers. Everyday we hear kids bicker and try to one up each other and we as a staff decided we needed a change. Enter the Kindness Matters Club! Get caught being kind is our motto. Kindness is something that comes from the inside and we want to honor those kids that go above and beyond to help others.
What do you get?
Each new member gets a sticker, your pic on the Kindness Matters board, and after you get caught being kind 5 times, you receive a prize. Is your child a member of the Kindness Matters Club? If not, talk them about how they can help friends and teachers. Hopefully if we focus on the behavior we want to see today, the our kids will become outstanding and kind leaders tomorrow.
Serving the greater metro Atlanta area, Crimson Academy is committed to providing you and your child the best in private daycare and elementary education. We foster an environment where students soar. Children are encouraged to explore, think, and learn through child-centered, teacher-directed activities. Serving children from infancy through twelve years of age, our mission at Crimson Academy is to provide you and your child a safe, learning environment that unlocks the potential in every child that comes through our doors. We also offer after school enrichment, tutoring services and a summer program. We invite you to come tour our facilities and speak with our staff. See for yourself what makes this center so unique!